Tuesday 30 September 2014

Chosen Genre- Documentury

Working as an individual when shooting this trailer. I came to the decision of choosing Documentary as my chosen genre.

What is Documentary?

"A documentary film is a nonfictional motion picture intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record."

I have chosen the genre of Documentary as I feel it will be an achievable genre to create a trailer for, as well as coming up with an effective storyline. By producing a Documentary the target audience will be young adults and older audiences, who can easily become interested with the topic and the conventions of the trailer. They will enjoy the story line more and connect with the narrative of the trailer. I will be analysing a range of documentaries to understand the conventions and narrative of a documentary. I will understand the different ways to represent the characters more and understand the importance of certain elements towards the audience. Also looking at the type of budgets they have and understanding my budget will be very limited, meaning I have to think about spending.

Although I have a few ideas about what my trailer will be based around I need to be realistic about the location and the budget. I have to think carefully about props, actors and location, which will be clearly researched into. I also need to ensure that the clips I include in my trailer are appropriate for the target audience of young adults and the elderly, ensuring the UK film classification certificate fits with my trailer and the type of genre, matching the correct target audience

To decide the type of storyline I'm going to base my trailer on I will research into both British and American Trailers to help me have a clear understanding on my storyline. This will also help to establish the similarities and differences in the stereotypical characters and narrative used in both types.
From analysing different genre of trailers I have gained the understanding of the elements needed to create a trailer to fit a spective genre and audience. To understand the conventions needed in a Documentary trailer I will analyse different trailers with that spective genre. This will help me to consider how the characters are being represented, the mise en scene and the elements needed for a Documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment